Historic Properties of Spokane
Local builder James M. Geraghty erected the Commission Building in the heart of Spokane's early Produce District for the Rasher-Kingman-Herrin Company in 1906. The company was created when Henry M. Herrin’s wholesale fruit and produce company merged with partners C.E. Kingman and Huber Rasher. The Rasher-Kingman-Herrin Co. remained in the building until 1915. The Roundup Fisheries Company, later Roundup Grocery, occupied the Commission Building from 1919 into the 1950s, when it built a new headquarters to the east. The Commission Building also housed the Independent Grocers Association Headquarters during the 1930s. The building has more recently been converted to condominiums.
The Commission Building was listed on the Washington Heritage Register in 1985 and is also a contributing property in the East Downtown Historic District, which was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2003.