Historic Properties of Spokane
The Anderson-Webster House & Garage together reflect one of the finest and best-preserved examples of the Arts & Crafts tradition rendered in the Craftsman style on Spokane’s South Hill. The property was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1978 as a contributing resource of the Marycliff-Cliff Park National Register Historic District. The home’s Craftsman style with its widely overhanging eaves, exposed scroll-sawn rafter tails, and robust use of false half-timbering with coarse-grained stucco infill, heavily textured cobbled clinker brick, and black basalt rock gained local notoriety in 1912 when it was built. The Anderson-Webster House achieved importance as an especially excellent example of the Craftsman style and as a product of the Ballard Plannary Company, as the home of Judge J. Stanley Webster, and for its association with the trends and patterns of urban residential development that led to the subsequent settlement of the Cliff Park neighborhood in the Marycliff-Cliff Park National Register Historic District.
The Anderson-Webster House is a contributing property in the Marycliff-Cliff Historic District, which was listed on the National Register of Historic Places 12/21/1979.