Historic Properties of Spokane

Back to the listings

Marlboro Apartments

Marlboro Apartments
Marlboro Apartments
180 S. Cannon Street See Map
1908
W.W. Hyslop
Brownes Addition
07/30/1976
12/04/1989

Noted Spokane architect, W. W. Hyslop, designed the Marlboro Apartments in 1908 for Joseph Kellner and his wife Bertha and it remains one of the best preserved apartment buildings in Browne’s Addition.  The Marlboro Apartments was built as a luxury apartment building along with similar multi-family apartments in Browne’s Addition including the Avenida Apartments, Westminster Apartments and the Elm Apartments, also designed by W. W. Hyslop.

The Marlboro Apartments are part of the Browne’s Addition Historic District, listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1976.

 

Management Agreement

Nomination (PDF)