Historic Properties of Spokane
The Framingham Building was built in 1910. A well-kept example of turn-of-the-century commercial architecture in Spokane, Washington, the property occupies a prominent corner location in East Central Spokane’s historic commercial neighborhood on the southwest corner of East Sprague Avenue and South Pittsburg Street. An appellation constructed of large wood/metal letters spells FRAMINGHAM across the top of the building’s north façade. Built with two stories and a single-story west wing, the Framingham Building features brick masonry construction with a flat roof, and is distinguished with contiguous rows of narrow display windows/transoms along its north and east facades. Second-floor windows punctuate the building at north and east facades with five of the windows featuring small decorative balconettes. Built in 1928, a single-story brick warehouse/shop with a flat roof was attached to the southwest rear face of the building. The property has recently undergone an extensive rehabilitation, including period-appropriate reconstruction of the first-floor storefronts.