Historic Properties of Spokane
Built in 1930, the Quality Garage is an excellent example of the industrial garage building type and form. From 1930 to 2000, the building was used exclusively as a garage and gasoline service station that offered automobile parts, service, and repairs. Together, the Quality Garage and Skaggs Automotive Auto Parts Inc. were in business in the center of East Central Spokane’s business district and transportation corridor for more than 70 consecutive years.The garage is a single-story rectangular building with a rectangular footprint, a flat roof, multi-paned metal-sash windows, a service garage and repair bays with original multi-paned wood garage doors, and an expanded sales area with metal-sash display windows. Highly visible on a busy thoroughfare corner in East Central Spokane, the building’s south and east facades are prominently clad with raked, wire-cut brick veneer laid over pilaster-reinforced common brick masonry construction.