Historic Properties of Spokane
Located in the Cannon Hill Park neighborhood, the Love House is a picture perfect example of Craftsman design. Built in 1912 as a part of a South Hill housing development, this home has experienced few changes over the decades. The Love House features a recognizable tapered chimney, spacious front porch, and rough textured brick and basalt rock on the exterior of the home as well as extensive interior oak wood work. Henry Love and his wife Frances were the first owners of the home. Henry was employed by a local loan company before starting and managing his own real estate business in Spokane. After the Loves sold the house in 1917, the property was home to many families with the current residents owning the home since 1994.