Historic Properties of Spokane
Goodyear Tire and Rubber Store & Warehouse
Built in 1925, Goodyear Tire and Rubber Warehouse is associated with the evolution of the automobile and automotive equipment sales and service business in Spokane. The 1920s was the first decade during which buildings were built downtown specifically to house automobile sales and accessories. The Goodyear building was the first building constructed in Spokane by a national tire company specifically as a tire warehouse with a sales office. Although it was not in the heart of Spokane’s auto row, which was centered around1st Avenue, west of Monroe Street, it had an integral role in the growing automobile business as a distribution point for automobile tires.