Historic Properties of Spokane
Greene Street Bridge
The Greene Street Bridge was designed by the City of Spokane Engineering Department in 1954 with the lead engineer, B. J. Garnett. The bridge measures 434 feet long and consists of three reinforced concrete open-spandrel rib deck arch spans. This bridge is one of only two concrete arch bridges built in Washington in the 1950s and the only one with multiple arch spans. As such it is an excellent example of this type of bridge designed and constructed using 1950s bridge engineering technology. It was dedicated on July 26, 1956 with over 500 people attending.
The Greene Street Bridge was individually listed on the Washington Heritage Register on June 14, 2002. It is also listed through the Multiple Property Documentation (MPD) "Bridges and Tunnels Built in Washington State, 1951 to 1960."