Historic Properties of Spokane
Spokane Fire Station No. 9
Since 1930, Fire Station No. 9 not only provided fire protection for a large part of the city, but was an important factor in the neighborhood’s social life as a center for local functions and various services as well. The station is also significant as an illustration of a transitional period in local firehouse design. Fire Station no. 9 was the last Spokane station to have been designed deliberately to complement the stylish appearance of neighboring residences.
Fire Station No. 9 is a contibuting property in the Ninth Avenue Historic Districted, listed on the National Register of Historic Places 7/21/1994.