Historic Properties of Spokane
Cascade Laundry Company
Built in 1913, The Cascade Laundry Company, a two-story brick and concrete industrial building that lies parallel to the Spokane River, is a prominent structure on East Trent Avenue. Located immediately west of the Trent Avenue Bridge, the building sits at the juncture of east Spokane’s industrial sites and downtown commercial and institutional uses. The Cascade Laundry Company building’s basic form is rectangular, made irregular with a triangular front-facing office section, and a one-story wood-framed masonry annex located on the southeast elevation. A notable feature of the Cascade Laundry Company building is the large red brick piers framing divisions at the building’s corners and offset entry. The exterior of both the small structure and its connecting section consists of red brick laid in common bond, with a concrete band below the cornice at eye level.