Historic Properties of Spokane
Woman's Club of Spokane
The Woman’s Club of Spokane, located in the Ninth Avenue Historic District on Spokane lower South Hill, is architecturally significant as the work of master Spokane architect Gustav Albin Pehrson. Pehrson designed the building in 1928, incorporating the pre-existing Woman’s Club, built in 1911, into the new building. The Woman’s Club of Spokane, which still occupies the building, has been responding to the needs of women in the community since 1905, offering day care, education, and other services; the building is historically significant for its association with the organization.
The Woman's Club of Spokane is a contributing property in the Ninth Avenue Historic District which was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1994.