Historic Properties of Spokane
Designed by prominient Spokane resident John Strack in 1907, this home is an eclectic expression of the Colonial Revival style and is accentuated with architectural elements that reveal a mixture of influences from Queen Anne, Arts & Crafts, and Prairie traditions. John Strack was part owner of the Riblet & Strack Company, a local Spokane surveying and engineering firm. John, and his wife Ida, lived in the house with thier two sons until her death in 1911, after which John remarried. Strack and his new wife Ella Williams lived in the home until thier divorce three years later. Control of the house fell to Ella and she subsequently sold the property in 1920. The Strack house is associated with the development of Liberty Park and the Liberty Place Addition and was one of the first homes built along East Fifth Avenue.