Historic Properties of Spokane
Merrill-Edmunds House (demolished)
The historic Merrill-Edmunds House was demolished in September, 2007. The existing structure at this address is not listed on a historic register.
The Merrill-Edmunds House is a fine example of a Craftsman-style bungalow and is one of few early twentieth-century homes in town located along the Spokane River. Built in 1904, the house was designed by prominent Spokane architect W. W. Hyslop for Fred S. Merrill and his wife, Annie, owners of the Merrill Typewriter Supply and Repair Company. The house was later the home of Washington Water Power inspector, Francis Edmunds, and his family for more than 50 years. It is architecturally significant as a good representation of the Craftsman style and for its association with master craftsman W. W. Hyslop.