Historic Properties of Spokane
Built in 1905, the McCornack House is one of Spokane’s best examples of simple Colonial Revival style architecture and features a “saltbox” roof rarely seen in Spokane. The house was built for prominent Spokane pediatrician and Spokane County Medical Society president, Dr. Peter McCornack, and his wife, Jesse, who owned it for 30 years. The McCornack House retains excellent integrity and reveals early twentieth-century craftsmanship. It is historically significant for its association with the development of Spokane and the lower South Hill community surrounding Sacred Heart Medical Center.