Historic Properties of Spokane
Grace Baptist Church
Completed by 1908, Grace Baptist Church was one of the first churches built on the north side of the Spokane River. Designed by John K. Dow, a prominent architect who practiced in Spokane between 1884 and 1937, the building reflects a strong influence of the Gothic Revival Style. Although a number of other early twentieth century ecclesiastical buildings remain in the West Central neighborhood, Grace Baptist reflects a particularly high degree of its original architectural integrity. Later additions on the south end of the facility create only a slight distraction from this impressive local landmark.