Historic Properties of Spokane
Construction of the Plummer-Wheeler House began in 1912 and was completed in 1913. The Plummer-Wheeler House is an excellent rendition of the American Foursquare house form. The home was built for $20,000 - eclipsing by nearly four times the minimum building cost required by neighborhood covenants. The Plummer-Wheeler House is a product of two of Spokane’s most prominent Spokane construction professionals, architect Earl W. Morrison and building contractor Amil T. Johnson. During its period of significance from 1912 to 1951, the Plummer-Wheeler House achieved historical significance for its associations with Spokane attorney William H. Plummer and Spokane surgeon Dr. Herbert E. Wheeler, the home’s two earliest and most significant residents.