Historic Properties of Spokane
Northwest Transport Truck Company
The one story, vernacular building on the corner of Adams and Second was built in 1921 for the Northwest Transport Truck Company, an auto business founded in Michigan in 1918. While modest in design and style, the simple brick building nonetheless helps document the evolution of the automobile and businesses in Spokane. The 1920s were the first years in which buildings were built downtown specifically to house and sell automobiles and accessories. The Northwest Transport Truck Company had a showroom and garage facility to service the many trucks that worked the streets of Spokane and the fields of the Inland Northwest farm county.
The Northwest Transport Truck Company is a contributing property in the West Downtown Historic Transportation Corridor which was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1999.