Historic Properties of Spokane
Built in 1920 on popular Manito Boulevard in the Manito Park subdivision, the Bonsall-Taylor House is a typical example of the bungalow house form embellished in the Craftsman style. The home has a strong, ground-hugging horizontal emphasis and possesses architecturally outstanding cedar shingle siding. The work of a master craftsman, the siding alternates between large and small shingles and encircles the entire house without any breaks. The house was originally home to Louis and Ella Bonsall, owners of Bonsall Clothing, until 1938 when it was sold to Ozro Clair Taylor, local pharmacist, and his wife, Ruth.