Historic Properties of Spokane
Spokane Public Bath House
Constructed in 1914, the Spokane Public Bath House is located in what was previously called the Sinto Triangle Park and was the first public bath house in Spokane. The Bath House, with its low-pitched roof, widely overhanging eaves and decorative eave brackets, is an excellent example of the Italian Renaissance style, a tradition infrequently seen in Spokane. After the success of the first bath house, outdoor public swimming pools, or plunges as they were called in 1914, were constructed across Spokane.