Historic Properties of Spokane

Back to the listings

Taylor House

Taylor House
George & Annie Taylor House
2027 W. Shannon Ave See Map
1905
George W. Taylor
Emerson / Garfield
None
N/A
06/13/2011

Spokane carpenter and building contractor George W. Taylor constructed the Taylor House in 1905 in the Emerson-Garfield neighborhood in Muzzy’s Addition on “real estate speculation.” After a short two-year stay, George Taylor and his wife, Annie Taylor, sold the house for $1,400 and moved away from Spokane. The Taylor House was subseqnetly owned by a number of residents representing a variety of specialties, from telephone/telegraph operators, tailors, real estate & insurance agents, waitress and bartender, to clerks, businessmen, teacher/professor, and professional medical technicians. The Taylor House retains excellent architectural integrity in it's original location, design, materials, workmanship, and association as a Neoclassical-style single-family residence built in Spokane in 1905.

 

Management Agreement

Nomination (PDF)