Historic Properties of Spokane
Built in 1901 and 1922 respectively, the Lemuel & Cora Rose Wood House and garage are a textbook illustration of the Free Classic Queen Anne style, featuring such style elements as the home’s irregular hip roof and two-story form, full-height curved wall tower and conical roof, and a covered wrap-around front porch. Colonial-influenced Free Classic details are apparent in the home’s pedimented cross gables, modillioned boxed eaves, narrow-width horizontal wood clapboard siding, and round porch columns. Historically and architecturally significant, the well-preserved Wood House and garage have remained in use as a single-family residence for more than a century.
The Wood House is a contributing property in the Browne’s Addition Historic District, listed on the National Register of Historic Places 7/30/1976.