Historic Properties of Spokane
Built in 1879 and expanded in 1900, the J. F. Strong House is one of the earliest and best preserved homes in North Spokane County. It is historically significant for its association with the first owner, J. F. Strong, the first successful settler in the Five Mile Prairie area. The original 160 acre homestead upon which the Strong House was located is associated with the early settlement of Five Mile Prairie and the agricultural heritage of the area. It served as the Strong Family home for over thirty years. The Strong House retains a high degree of integrity and is one of the few houses on Five Mile Prairie built before the turn of the century.