Historic Properties of Spokane

Back to the listings

Spokane Club

Spokane Club
Spokane Club
1002 W. Riverside Avenue See Map
1910
Kirtland K. Cutter
Riverside
07/30/1976
07/10/1989

Designed by Cutter and Malmgren, Spokane’s most celebrated firm of architects, the Georgian Revival style Spokane Club building serves as the eastern anchor of the Riverside Avenue National Historic District, which features a park-like setting planned by the nationally renowned Olmsted Brothers landscape architects of Brookline, Massachusetts. The Spokane Club, the first formal social organization in the city, relocated to this site in 1910 after a fire damaged the upper portion of its previous building, now known as the Chamber of Commerce/Metals/American Legion Building.

The Spokane Club is a contributing property in the Riverside Avenue Historic District which was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1976.

 

Management Agreement

Nomination (PDF)