Historic Properties of Spokane
Shoe Repair-Barber Shop Building
The Shoe Repair-Barber Shop Building is a small, one-story hollow clay tile building with raked red brick veneer on the facade. This simple building is highlighted with a paneled frieze on the upper portion of the facade. The original storefront configuration is intact with original wood transoms, display windows, and recessed entrance. From 1925 to 1975, the building continuously housed a variety of shoe repair and barber shops.
The Shoe Repair-Barber Shop Building is a contributing property in the Hillyard Historic Business District which was listed on the Spokane Register in 2003 and the National Register in 2002.