Historic Properties of Spokane
Constructed in 1934, the Sheehy-Kelleher House was built between the 200 and 800 block during the last phase of single-family construction along East Mission Avenue, in what is today identified as the Mission Avenue National Historic District. An excellent example of the Tudor Revival style, the Sheehy-Kelleher House was constructed for John J. Sheehy, chief clerk with the Union Pacific Railway Company, and his wife Jane. Ray and Cathy Kelleher later acquired the property in 1967. During the property’s period of significance from 1934 to 1967, the Sheehy-Kelleher House achieved historic significance for its association with the architectural development and settlement of the Logan Neighborhood, specifically along East Mission Avenue, and is additionally architecturally significant as an example of the Tudor Revival style.
The Sheehy-Kelleher House is a contributing property in the Mission Avenue Historic District, listed on the National Register of Historic Places 8/14/1986.