Historic Properties of Spokane
Pine Creek Dairy Creamery
Built in 1908, the Pine Creek Dairy Creamery building is a good example of early commercial/industrial brick masonry blocks that were built throughout east downtown Spokane during the early 1900s. A 1909 Spokesman-Review article described The Pine Creek Dairy as the “largest producer of milk in the territory." The dairy included a rural farm with milking operations that supported 120 cows and a creamery building at 168 S. Division Street. The creamery building housed the dairy’s office, warehouse, distribution sales center and processing plant which manufactured cream, butter and cheese. The dairy was owned and operated by William C. Sohns, who was regarded as one of Spokane’s most trusted and influential dairymen.
The Pine Creek Dairy Creamery is also a contributing property in the East Downtown Historic District which was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2003.