Historic Properties of Spokane
The oldest brick single family home in Peaceful Valley, the Pietsch House was built in 1892 by German immigrant, stonemason, and bricklayer Franz Pietsch and his sons Louis and Max. Together with his sons, Pietsch helped build the Great Northern Railroad clock tower, the Davenport Hotel, Medical Lake Hospital and many other downtown Spokane buildings. Displaying fine quality craftsmanship, the Pietsch House represents the development of Peaceful Valley and the ultimate building ideal of the skilled working class craftsmen who settled in the Valley and constructed their own homes.
The Pietsch House is a contributing property in the Peaceful Valley Historic District, listed on the National Register of Historic Places 4/19/1984.