Historic Properties of Spokane
Built in 1912, the Morehouse-Williams House is regarded as an excellent example of the Tudor Revival tradition with strong Craftsman-style influence as seen in the two steeply pitched prominent facade cross gables and decorative brackets. Built in the Rockwood Neighborhood, the property embodies the style, quality, cost and size of homes that were originally intended and planned for the area. The house was designed by Frank G. Hutchinson for Dr. Harry Lyman Morehouse, one of Spokane’s early orthodontists, and his wife, Emily Blancette Morehouse. In 1914 the property was sold to Frank and Besse Williams who lived in it for 40 years.
The Morehouse-Williams House is a contributing property in the Rockwood Historic District, listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1997.