Historic Properties of Spokane
Lloyd-Bertles House & Garden
The Lloyd-Bertles House is architecturally significant as an example of a Tudor Revival style home with Craftsman influences. It was built by contractor Henry Lydell in 1919 for Spokane businessman and oil investor, Walden D. Lloyd, and his wife, Hattie. The sunken gardens and basalt landscaping features were most fully developed by John and Henrita Bertles, the owners of Bertles & Bertles Wholesale Lumber Company and 20-year residents of the home.
The Lloyd-Bertles House and Garden is a contributing property in the Rockwood Historic District, listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1997.