Historic Properties of Spokane
Built in 1909, the Larsen-Lindholm House is a landmark example of architectural design and elements popularized during the late nineteenth and early twentieth-century American Arts & Crafts movement. The house was built in the Cliff Park neighborhood on Spokane’s South Hill on speculation by Spokane jewelry store owner and real estate developer Mark L. Pershall for $8,000, a sum that more than tripled the $2,500 minimum construction cost mandated in neighborhood deed restrictions. One year after it was built, Bertha & Lewis P. Larsen, a brilliant mining engineer and founder of the town of Metaline Falls, purchased the property for $10,500. Immediately overcome by burgeoning business interests and mining obligations in Metaline Falls, the Larsens sold the home to Maurice & Bertha Lindholm in 1911. Maurice Lindholm was a successful investment securities broker and commercial photographer and owned the property for more than 35 years.
The Larsen-Lindholm House is is a contributing property in the Marycliff-Cliff Park Historic District which was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1979.