Historic Properties of Spokane

Back to the listings

Lang Building

Lang Building
Jockey Club, Grand Army Hall
115 N. Washington Street See Map
1890
Worthy Niver
Riverside
None
N/A
12/03/1984

Built by M. Lang & Co. in 1890 as a hall and office space for the Grand Army of the Republic, the Lang Building, also known historically as the Grand Army Hall, is historically significant as one of the few remaining buildings from the rebuilding boom that followed the Great Spokane Fire of 1889.   This building and the First Congregational Church (listed on the National Register of Historic Places) are the only two known surviving buildings designed by architect Worthy Niver, who practiced in Spokane from 1890 to 1892.  

 

Management Agreement

Nomination (PDF)