Historic Properties of Spokane
The Hill-Hilscher House is an excellent rendition of the American Foursquare, single-family house type embellished in the Colonial Revival style, and was one of the first and finest homes built in the Cannon Hill Addition in the southwest section of Spokane’s residential South Hill area. The property was built for socially prominent Spokane residents, Lulu Cornelia and Charles W. Hill, pioneer, printer and president of C.W. Hill Printing Company. Charles and Lulu Hill later shared the property with their daughter and son-in-law who were residents of the house from 1920-1948.