Historic Properties of Spokane
Erected in 1925, the Frank and Edith Ford House is an excellent example of domestic architecture built in the Rockwood Terrace Addition, a neighborhood planned for upscale residential living on Spokane’s South Hill. The house was constructed by John E. Anderson, a prominent designer and builder in the Spokane area who was responsible for constructing at least 46 homes in Spokane located in the Rockwood neighborhood. Featuring a glazed ceramic tile roof and exterior brick wall cladding, the Ford House is one of only eight Anderson-built homes to employ both trademark characteristics. The home conveys high artistic value and embodies distinctive characteristics designed in the Craftsman style. The home was built for Edith Janet Ford and Frank D. Ford, a successful Spokane broker who specialized in mining investments.