Historic Properties of Spokane
The Gus & Florence Ehrenberg House was built in 1911 in the Ehrenberg Subdivision, part of the Altamont Addition in East Central Spokane. The home is in excellent condition and is a hallmark example of the Craftsman style applied to a single-family residence. Skilfully articulated, some of the windows have thick beveled-glass lights that are divided by lead strips, which form multi-faceted geometric diamond-shaped patterns. Interior Craftsman-style details include a spacious reception hall/living/dining room and handcrafted hand-polished fir woodwork. The home’s original design, horizontal emphasis, and natural building materials (stucco, clinker brick, wood, metal) all work together to form the handcrafted "back to nature" aesthetic synonymous with the Craftsman tradition.