Historic Properties of Spokane
Crowe & Company
The F.T. Crowe/Luminaria Building, a formal rail corridor warehouse, was constructed during the city’s most significant period of growth and associated with Spokane’s railroad history. As a warehouse and contributing structure in the West Downtown Historic Transportation Corridor, the building exhibits a specific property type within the district. The warehouse building served as a transfer point for materials shipped into Spokane via the Northern Pacific Railroad to serve the markets of Spokane and the Inland Northwest. The F.T. Crowe and Company, building and suppliers, constructed the building in 1909 and occupied the site through 1915. Pacific Hide and Fur, a materials salvage company, occupied the building btween 1916 and 1965, and Luminaria between 1988 and 2004.