Historic Properties of Spokane

Back to the listings

Culton-Moylan-Reilly Auto Company and Fisk Rubber Company Buildings

Culton-Moylan-Reilly Auto Company and Fisk Rubber Company Buildings
Barton Auto Company
914-930 W. 2nd Avenue See Map
1911
Unknown
Riverside
12/30/1999
11/27/2000

The Culton-Moylan-Reilly Auto Company and the Fisk Rubber Company buildings served automobile-related uses until recently. Their long association with Spokane’s automobile industry ties them to the development of this area’s transportation history. Though not remarkable for their architecture, they are nonetheless representative of the type of buildings associated with the evolution of the automobile. Over eighty years old, they were among Spokane’s earliest structures completed specifically for automobile sales and service. In recent years, the number of the one-story automobile-related buildings has diminished. They represent a building type that was once numerous, but is disappearing in the west downtown area. Their collective facades, designed as a visual unit, add to their architectural character. Daniel H. Dwight, a member of one of Spokane’s earliest pioneer families, built the first two, and was associated with development of the third. Dwight heirs have maintained an ownership interest.

The Culton-Moylan-Reilly Auto Company and Fisk Rubber Company Buildings are contributing properties in the West Downtown Historic Transportation Corridor which was listed on the National Register of Historic Places on 12/30/1999.

 

Management Agreeement

Nomination (PDF)