Historic Properties of Spokane
Constructed in 1903, the George and Clara Clark House was built during the first phase of single-family construction along East Mission Avenue, between the 200 and 800 block, what is today identified as the Mission Avenue National Historic District. In 1986, the Clark House was designated as a contributing historic resource of the Mission Avenue District. The Clark House is an excellent example of the Free Classic Queen Anne style. The Clark House was constructed for George E. Clark, secretary/treasurer of the Spokane Casket Company that was located in Peaceful Valley and owned by the Smith Funeral Company, a pioneer firm in Spokane. F.W. and Grace Harrington later acquired the property in the late 1910s. The Clark House achieved historic significance for its association with the architectural development and settlement of the Logan Neighborhood, specifically along East Mission Avenue, and is additionally architecturally significant as an example of the Free Classic Queen Anne style.
The Clark House is a contributing property in the Mission Avenue Historic District, which was listed on the National Register of Historic Places 8/14/1986.