Historic Properties of Spokane
The Campbell House was designed by Kirtland Cutter and Karl Malmgren and was built in 1898 for Amasa B. Campbell, his wife Grace, and their daughter Helen. Campbell made a fortune in mining exploration and operations in the Coeur d’Alene mining region northeast of Spokane. He partnered with John Finch, his neighbor living two houses to the west. Helen Campbell gave the Campbell House to the Eastern Washington State Historical Society and the Cheney Cowles Museum in the 1920s. The house was later restored to serve as a historic home that operates in conjunction with the Northwest Museum of Arts & Culture. It is open for public tours and visitation.
The Campell House is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. It is also a contributing property in the Browne’s Addition Historic District, also listed on the National Register 7/30/1976.