Historic Properties of Spokane
W. W. Hyslop, prominent Spokane architect, designed this apartment building for paint store owner Isaac Baum, who lived nearby at 1830 West Pacific Avenue in Browne’s Addition. The building was called the Avenida Apartments and was initially designed with 14 units. By 1950, the number of apartments was 16. Still operating as a multi-family residence, the Avenida Apartments was one of the first luxury apartment houses built in Browne’s Addition during the 1900s.