Historic Properties of Spokane
Listed in 1997 as a contributing property in the Rockwood National Register Historic District, the Ove & Mary Andreasen House is an exemplary rendition of the Colonial Revival style with Georgian influence. The home was built on speculation in 1927 by Spokane contractor, Edward Hokanson, and was later purchased by Ove Andreasen, an investment entrepreneur, and his wife, Mary Hughes Andreasen, who together spent more than $10,000 on the property. Defining features of the Colonial Revival style include the home’s two-story form, formal massing, side gable roof, prominent cornice and cornice returns, red brick veneer cladding, recessed front entrance, curved pediment entry hood, wood-shuttered multi-paned windows, and symmetrical design and fenestration patterns. With remarkably few modifications, the Andreasen House is well-preserved with excellent exterior and interior architectural integrity in original location, design, materials, workmanship, and association as a single-family residence built in the 1920s in Spokane, Washington.
The Andreasen House is a contributing property in the Rockwood Historic District, which was listed on the National Register of Historic Places on 4/14/1997. It was listed on the Spokane Register of Historic Places in 2007.