Historic Properties of Spokane
Spokane Fire Station No. 3
Spokane Fire Station No. 3, as it exists today, is actually two buildings, each built at a different time and later joined to form a single unit. The rear section, built in 1912, was originally intended to serve as a shop where vehicles and other fire fighting equipment could be built and repaired. At present, this building exhibits a red brick exterior and retains its historic two-story commercial style. The adjoining structure, built in 1917, also maintains a red brick exterior with a concrete foundation and a flat tar roof. The interior of the station, despite renovation to accommodate modern business activities, retains many features reminiscent of its original purpose, including the sliding pole!